During the summer Lyme Regis Sea School offer 5-Day Intensive Sailing Courses. These courses can be paid for and booked online.
PLEASE NOTE THE 3 FORMS NEED COMPLETING & FULL PAYMENT MADE TO SECURE A PLACE. TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT PLEASE DO NOT SEND INCOMPLETE ORDERS.
How do I book a course?
There are THREE things you need to do.
- Select and pay for your course by choosing one of the products on our payments page. You will need to choose ADULT (over 16) or YOUTH (Age 10-15) and read and agree to our Terms and Conditions. Once you have done this you will receive an Order ID.
- Complete and submit the Course Booking Form with all the relevant information. You will need to add your Order ID to this form.
- Complete and submit the Course GDPR (Data Protection) Form. Again, you will need to add your Order ID to this form.
Don’t forget to read through the Pre-Course Information on this page!
Timings of the Course
- Location: Lyme Regis Sailing Club, Marine Parade
- Start time: 10am
- Lunch: 1-2pm
- Finish time: 5pm
The course starts on Monday and a group briefing will begin at 10am (roughly 30 mins) in the main building. Parents/Guardians of youth students are to attend this briefing.
Lunch is from 1-2pm. You are welcome to bring a packed lunch and sit on our private veranda or balcony overlooking the harbour and sandy beach front, alternatively there are lots of places from local delis, sandwich bars, fish and chip shops and cafes a stones’ throw away.
Day Sail to Pirate Bay
Nearer the end of the week, if the conditions are favorable we will sail to Pirate Bay (Charton bay) a private beach accessible only by sea. We will set sail in a large flotilla taking in the breath-taking views of the undercliff, and rocky beaches. Golden cap (the highest point on the Jurassic coast) behind us. On arrival, we will drop anchor and make our way ashore for a picnic on the beach! There will be plenty of time to chill out in a breath taking location, top up your tan. If you prefer to be more active there will be beach games and paddling.
Salty Sea Dogs – Bring and share BBQ
Another highlight of the week is BBQ day on Thursday lunch time. As you return to the school after your morning session the kitchen fairies will have been hard at work to prepare a feast for all sailors. Please bring meat/veggie alternatives to throw onto the BBQ , LRSS will take care of the rest.
We follow the RYA course syllabus. Please ensure you bring your Log Books if you have already attained any RYA qualification so we are able to continue signing you off. If this is your first RYA course, we are able to provide Log Books. Prize giving will be held at 4pm on Friday afternoon. We will review the shenanigans from the week, hand out awards and a chance to say goodbye to all the new friends you will have made during your week with us. Parents/guardians please do come along!
What to bring with you
Log book (if you have already done RYA training. This will be need to be shown to your instructor before we can get you on your way to reaching your next qualification).
Shoes that secure to your feet (not flip flops) that you don’t mind getting wet. wetsuit, spray top/ Jacket, towel, sun cream, water bottle (labelled with name), Lunch/ money. woolly hat/ sun hat, medication/inhalers. A change of clothes and shoes. Warm dry clothes if the weathers cold.
- Dry teaching areas
- Separate Male, Female, Disabled changing rooms with showers
- Computer + Free Wifi
- Variety of 30 dinghies to try out
- Tea/ coffee making facilities
- Kitchen with use of microwave and fridge
- Private veranda and rooftop balcony